My Mum's a Tiger - Family Event FULLY BOOKED
Time & Location
About the Event
Hey Wild Ones, you’re invited to a party…
Join international-selling children’s author and illustrator duo, Kate Claxton and Angela Mayers as they celebrate the first birthday of their body-inclusive book, My Mum’s a Tiger, alongside some very special friends and activities.
Now sold in 20 countries worldwide, My Mum’s a Tiger helps readers young (and not so young) embrace what makes them WILD and celebrate the skin they’re in, spots and stripes included. Now, for the first time ever, this family fun day will recreate the empowering and inclusive messages of the book LIVE in person, with some extra wild treats thrown in too.
From storytelling to illustration activities, themed yoga to scrunchie making, positive affirmation creation to photo opportunities, plus the chance to buy treats from some of our favourite small business friends. This is the perfect opportunity to introduce your little wild ones to the idea of compassion, kindness, self-identity and self-LOVE!
The event will not only be raising the bar when it comes to self-love, it’ll also be helping raise money for GWH’s Brighter Futures – Better Births Appeal. Please bring spare change if you wish to donate to this brilliant cause.
- My Mum’s a Tiger storytelling, live on stage!
- Baby College – Learn the Makaton sign language signs for the book, then join in!
- Stretches and Strokes – themed baby & toddler yoga taster
- Illustration workshop with Angela Mayers
- Story time with some of our favourite fellow authors:
Samuel Langley-Swain reads What Wesley Wore
Katie Sahota reads Little Flame
Vicky Gooden reads My Wonder Line
- Ask the Author / Illustrator Q&A
- Positive Affirmation Creation Station
- Rosy Lea Florist – your chance to buy a jungle vibe houseplant from Swindon’s favourite florist!
- Tiger Queen Headbands – the most gorgeous headbands and scrunchies available to buy, PLUS have a go at making a scrunchie and designing a new headband for our Tiger Mum!
- Wilde Treats and Cakes – tasty biscuits and treats available from Swindon’s Wildest baker
- Wild Colouring & Crafts
- Raffle for Brighter Futures Better Births Appeal
- Really rather wild photo opportunities, because what’s an event without an Instagramable background?
- My Mum's a Tiger- Family Event£0£0Sold Out